Coin buying doesn’t have to be stressful when it comes to buying a special gift for Dad!
Father’s Day is right around the corner, and if your dad is a coin collector, then this time of the year can either be an easy time to purchase a gift for dad, or a challenging time.
Buying a tie is an easy thing to do, but buying a coin… especially if you are not a collector, can prove to be a bit daunting for many of us. However after reading some of our tips, you will be able to navigate the coin shop like a pro, and leave with a gift that your dad will love.
Top Tips for Coin Buying:
- Find out what your dad collects! Is he partial to pennies? Or does he go for Proof Sets? Not sure? Ask him to show you his collection, and get him to talk about some of the things he is looking for. If he is passionate about coin collecting, getting him talking about coins should be pretty easy to do!
- During your conversation, ask some probing questions to see what items he might be on the hunt for.
- Depending on what he collects, his “wish” list might be out of your budget; however don’t let that stop you. It simply means you have to think a bit outside of the box when coming up with a gift for him. Some suggestions might be to give him a Birth Year Set, commemorating the birth year that each of his children was born in. This Birth Year Set would contain one coin from each series that was minted during that year. Now this set may not have a lot of monetary value, but the sentiment will go a long, long way.
- Find out if your dad has a frequent coin shop he visits, if so, head there and ask the staff to help you choose a gift for your dad. Depending on how well they know your dad, they may be able to give you the inside scoop on just the right coin, at just the right price.
- Still not sure about which coin to get? Give your dad a gift certificate to a coin shop. Pick out the denomination that best fits your budget, and your dad can either use it to purchase a coin, or put it towards the cost of a coin. Just be sure to find out when (or if) the certificates expires and pass along that information to your dad.
- Last tip if all the above fail, ask MOM! Chances are she knows exactly what your dad is looking for, and can be a great resource for you.
There you have it! With the tips from above, you should find it a bit easier to purchase a coin for dad. Who knows? You might even find that you enjoy it so much, that you decide to join him in his hobby.
PGS Gold & Coin’s mission is to provide our customers with “Fair Market Value” in exchange for any unwanted Rare Coins, Platinum, Gold, Silver, Diamond, Jewelry and Collectables! We strive to deliver the highest quality of customer service each and every day. PGS Gold & Coin is locally owned & family operated since 2008. PGS has become one of the most professional and trusted Rare Coin, and Precious Metals Dealers in the area. We are a Certified Coin Dealer by PCGS (Professional Coin Grading Service), NGC( Numismatic Guaranty Corporation), and PMG (Paper Money Grading). We are a proud sponsor of the ANA (American Numismatic Association) and have a BBB (Better Business Bureau) A+ rating.
For more information, visit our website www.pgsgoldandcoin.com or give us a call at 888-416-2701.